HANDLING UNPAID OVERTIME CLAIMS
Experienced Wage & Hour Dispute Attorney
If you are a hard-worker, you expect and deserve to be paid fairly for the hours you put in. When you work overtime at your job and your employer denies these hours or puts off paying you for any reason, you may want to consider taking legal action. It may seem like a serious step to take, but a knowledgeable wage and dispute attorney in Houston from our firm can help.
Violations can include:
- Pay a day rate
- Portion of pay classified as per diem to reduce overtime rate
- Pay on a salary when not an executive, administrator or learned professional
- Failure to include all hours worked in OT calculations
- Failure to include all pay in regular rate for OT pay calculations
- No OT for hours over 40 in a week.
At Wyly & Cook, PLLC, we are highly experienced at helping individuals like yourself resolve this type of matter. We have ten years of experience representing these types of cases and we utilize our extensive trial experience to maximize your financial recovery.
Fighting Employers Depriving You of Overtime Pay
While it is often difficult to determine the cause of the violation, employers who violate the laws which are put in place to protect you should be held accountable. We are very familiar with the ins and outs of employment and wage laws and can help ensure your rights are protected and you get paid what you deserve.
A few of the challenges involving unpaid overtime that we can help you with include:
- Improper employee classification: If you have been intentionally misclassified as an employee exempt from overtime, you may be able to file a claim against your employer.
- Theft of wages: If you believe that your employer has acted unlawfully or deceptively in order to deprive you of overtime wages, you are protected by the law.
- Independent contractor misclassification: Many employers intentionally mis-label employees as an independent contractor in order to not pay you overtime that you are entitled to.
Contact our Houston wage and hour dispute lawyers today at (713) 236-8330 if you would like to schedule a free initial consultation.