Wage & Hour Disputes

In Houston

Unpaid Wages 2017-06-27T22:21:29+00:00


Knowledgeable Employment Lawyer in Houston

At Wyly & Cook, PLLC, we frequently represent cases involving employment law issues such as wage and hour disputes in Texas. There are very strict rules and regulations which are set to ensure business owners pay their employees a fair wage. These laws regulate minimum wage, paid-for rest and lunch breaks if required to work or be available to work, overtime wages, and payroll records and time clock records.

If an employer has failed to comply with the regulations and you have not been paid fairly as a result, you may want to consider hiring a lawyer to represent you. Although it may seem stressful to file a suit against your employer, it is important that they are not allowed to continue with this type of behavior.

Why Do Employers Fail to Pay?

There are a number of different reasons why an employer may fail to pay you on time, correctly, or at all. Whatever the reason may be, it is important that you get a knowledgeable lawyer’s perspective and representation on your side. Whether you are a former or current employee, our Houston attorneys can ensure you are aware of your rights in this matter.

We can assist you with the following types of unpaid wages claims:

  • When your employer fails to pay you on-time
  • When your employer pays less than what was promised
  • When your employer fails to pay you at all
  • Failing to ensure minimum wage for tipped employees
  • Off the clock time (work that is unpaid)
  • Day rate for long hours

Working to Recover the Wages You Earned

Regardless of the industry you are in and the job you hold, you deserve to be paid what you were promised. Whether you believe that the mistake was made intentionally or as a mistake, we can investigate the matter and help you recover the wages you worked for.

If you would like to speak with an attorney from our firm about your wage dispute in Houston, reach out to us for a free consultation today. Call us now at (713) 236-8330 to get started.